How is your group doing at restoring biblical community? Use these 7 questions in your group to help you answer that question. Ask your members to assess your group using a 1–5 scale, 1 being “not at all” and 5 being “100 percent.” Then discuss how you can grow as a group in each of these.
- Are we devoted to one another in brotherly love? Do we honor one another above ourselves (Romans 12:10)?
- Do we “carry each other’s burdens, and in this way … fulfill the law of Christ” (Galatians 6:2)?
- To what degree does our group “submit to one another out of reverence for Christ” (Ephesians 5:21)?
- Do we “encourage one another daily” (Hebrews 3:13, emphasis added)?
- Do we “admonish one another” (Colossians 3:16)?
- Is our group a place where people can confess their sins to each other and pray for one another so that they can be healed (James 5:16)?
- Most importantly, are we growing “to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ” (Ephesians 4:15)?
Question: What do you think will result when you assess your group with these 7 questions? Leave a comment by clicking the Comment bar at the bottom of the page.