This book was originally published by Standard Publishing and is now Out of Print from that publisher. Get your copies here before they’re gone.
I wrote this book not because I’m the best small group leader ever—I’m not—but to help you learn from and become more like the best small group leader ever: Jesus! I discuss six things Jesus did as he led his small group for three years and apply what I’ve learned to helping you lead your small group:
- Seek – Jesus’ leadership began with his personal relationship with his heavenly father. So should ours.
- Surrender – Jesus yielded his heart and ministry to God. So should we.
- Shepherd – Jesus was known as the Good Shepherd and he is our Chief Shepherd. We, too, are called to shepherd, as his subordinates.
- Serve – Jesus came as a servant . . . to his group and to the world. That’s our calling as leaders as well.
- Share – Jesus shared the load and built a team … a team that could continue after he “moved on.” What can we learn from him about sharing leadership?
- Steward – Jesus looked at his ministry as a matter of stewardship. We can learn a lot from his viewpoint of leadership.
Please let us know if you would like Michael to sign your copies.
There are no reviews yet.