There are some biblical principles that are as true for small groups as for marriages, teams, partnerships, or any kind of enterprise where two or more are involved. One of the most important principles is “a Sense of Us.”
A Sense of Us means …
- Us is always more important than me.
- Us always makes me better.
- There is no us without me.
- The personality of each me makes the us … well, us.
- Us is more than just the aggregation of more than one me.
- A healthy marriage does not really begin and end with me, and neither do healthy groups or teams.
- Oh, and most importantly, there is no possibility of us without Him.
And here are the10 Commandments of Us:
- Consider us as better than me.
- Bring all your me to us.
- Never allow me to get lost in us, but …
- Look not only to the interests of me, but also to the interests of us.
- Do not hold tightly to the rights of me.
- Think about us, not only me.
- Love us.
- Be an encourager of us.
- Build up us.
- Look for how God will use us to reach another me.