I’m starting a new blog series today about commitment and small groups, which is kind of ironic, in a way, because this is my first post of 2014. I’ll try to do better … I promise.
What does it mean for a small group to be committed? I’ll address different levels and kinds of commitment in this series. Here are a couple questions to consider as you begin to think about commitment in your group(s). I’ll try to answer these questions:
- WHY is commitment even important in a group?
- WHAT is your group committed to? Christ? Growing in Christlikeness? One another? The group itself? A mission? Mutual discipleship and accountability? Something else?
- WHAT are the most vital commitments in a small group?
- Can you be committed to Christ without being committed to a group of God’s people?
- Do all small groups have the same level of commitment?
- HOW can you increase the level of commitment in your group? (this is a key question many group leaders ask.)
|Dave and Susan Canary, Blake and Angie Spencer, Casey and Jennie Snow|